Pilot Watch Original
55 mm Handwinding
Replika 55 Erbstück
The used vintage leather makes every watch strap unique. Being a product of nature, it can present itself with color and structure variations.
- product description
- Article variations
- Model matrix
Inspired by the original 55 mm sized observation watches from the 1940s, this collection's models look as if they have been worn over several generations. The hand made "Erbstück" watch is a one of a kind. Traces of ageing give these timepieces a historic charm that usually can only be found at vintage models.
Laco has developed a unique method to achieve this special look, creating a natural patina on the watches. Scrapes, scratches, discolouration and wear and tear can be reproduced to appear as they do on old originals. All components - case, dial, hands or strap - are aged invidually and by hand, using a work-intensive procedure without mechanical aids, so the ageing looks absolutely authentic and none is alike. This gives the watches the appeal of an historic timepiece, making each one completely unique - as individual and distinctive as its owner!
We offer three different levels of aging:
• Level 1: The watch only has slight signs of aging, the watch case has no or only very small scratches or grooves.
• Level 2: The "standard" version has normal scratches and aging characteristics which can be seen on the pictures on our website. If you do not submit a level selection, you will receive this level.
• Level 3: The watch has strong signs of aging. The level 3 aging has the same features of level 2, but with broken out parts of the lumious material of the hands. Please note that the readability of the watch is reduced when choosing due to reduced luminous material.
The "Erbstück" watches are produced at level 2 by default. If you prefer a different level of aging, please give us a short notice in the comment field when submitting your order. If level 1 or 3 is selected the delivery time may take longer, because the components are made specifically according to your requests. Feel free to contact us to ask about the current delivery time for these options.
Made in Germany.
- Laco 97 - Based on the venerable Swiss ETA 6497.1 , our modified version of the handwinding movement features a hacking second hand, Incabloc shock protection, Glucydur screw balance, swan neck fine adjustment, and an engraved serial number.
- Stainless steel case, elaborately hand-finished in an antique look with lateral engraving FL23883 and engraved stainless steel back. Every case is absolutely unique. Domed and anti-reflective sapphire crystal, solid case back with engraving
- Execution according original Baumuster B, black mat with luminous indexes in Superluminova C3, like the case in antique look
- Thermally blued steel hands with Superluminova coating, elaborate hand-finishing ages each watch individually (partially cracked on request)
- Unique to these aviation watches, and a critical element of our homage design, the REPLIKA is fitted with a riveted brown calf leather strap constructed in the same closed-loop style of the original.
- Our unwavering attention to detail is exemplified by the presentation box used for the REPLIKA that reproduces the original shipping boxes LACO used for the watch during the 1940s. Each light brown box has, as they did over 70 years ago, the watch’s serial number stamped on its end.
- 55,0 mm
- 21,0 mm
- lug width:
- 26,0 mm
- lug to lug:
- 65,0 mm
- up to 5 ATM
- 207,8 g (incl. strap)
- Arm circumference:
- 14 - 25 cm
To be able to read all data of the model matrix completely, move within the matrix from one side of the table to the other.
Stylish accessories, reliable travel companions and much more - immerse yourself in the diverse world of Laco watches and let our customers inspire you. With our hashtag #laco1925 you too will become part of the Laco family!
From passion to legend: The Pilot watch from Laco.
There are pilot watches. And then there is the pilot watch from Laco. As one of a few exclusive companies the workshop in Pforzheim can look back on a long tradition. Whereas in the 1940s a Laco was an indispensable tool in the cockpit, today it is an expression of freedom. With a Laco aviator watch you are not only wearing a precise and robust watch on your wrist, but also a piece of history.
Please note: The first engraving is free of charge, any further engraving is possible at a surcharge of 49€/57US$. Further engravings can be added to the cart via the provided text field in the article. Unfortunately, personalised products can be neither returned nor exchanged.Add / Change
The first engraving is free of charge, a further engraving is possible for an extra charge of 49€/57US$. After receipt, you can cancel your order within 48 hours. After that, you no longer have the right of return, as the engraving will then be applied.
For more information see our FAQ.
Quality over quantity: Laco watch manufacture.
A Laco is more than a watch. It is an expression of character. Because, no matter whether you wear a robust aviator watch, a precise chronograph or a timelessly elegant classic on your wrist: each Laco has a unique character, which is distinguished by the love of detail and passion, with which our watchmakers built it: with complex and sophisticated craftsmanship.Learn more
The only one who requires more from our service than our customers, is us.
A Laco is a statement. A statement for the original. Because every Laco watch sets the standards in its category and stands for high precision, high-quality manufacturing, and passion. A claim that can also be made when it comes to the quality of our service.Learn more